Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A New Beginning...

So, we are at the spot of infinite possibilities: the beginning, where the world in front stretches out to an infinite vista. Who am I? No one of very much consequence: a man, an employee, a veteran, a lover of books, of movies and of online gaming. You may call me Tomas. That is, of course, not my real name, but it will do.

I call myself an Online Mass Murderer, because I log in every day after the day's activities, and relieve stress through PvP online (for those who don't know, PvP stands for Player vs. Player). I have personally sent over 75,000 people to the spirit rezzer in WoW, and hundreds of thousands to respawn points in Call of Duty, Halo, and others. I have the usual things a gamer to do, and yet, am elevated from my personal geek life by the fact of having served my country; that, and the interaction with the non-geeks there, permanently put me astride both worlds: both the geek and the non-geek.

I am a cat person. I like dogs, don't get me wrong, but dogs are like whores: they'll love anyone. When a cat loves you, a cat LOVES you. My cat comes to me when I call him; how often can someone who has a cat say that unless the cat prefers your company?

In starting this blog, I will share my world and my view of the world to you. I hope it will be interesting; if not, it will be a way to relieve more stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment